How we work out your shipping costs to send Furniture overseas to Australia.
There are a number of cost factors that are taken into account when pricing for a our customers moving to Australia:
- Access to both your properties for the removal vehicle ( long walk, steps to house, Amount of floors ).
- Volume of Furniture ( part container load or Full Container ).
- Level of service required ( Packing or case making ).
- Extra costs for customs ( if customs has requested your shipping container ).
- Insurance to the value of your goods taking.
- How far your property is from the nearest port.
So as you can see a great deal has to be taken into consideration, hence why there is no set price /cost to shipping furniture to Australia.
Removals to Australia.com C/O Hunts International has been moving individuals, families and businesses for over 20 years and each customer has had a different shipping cost to Australia. If you have seen a set price or been given a price before anyone has taken a visual of your proerty or has all the details of your move then BEWARE OF HIDDEN COSTS!! You will more than likely have extra charges added to your bill, this is a tactic from many shipping companies to get your custom on board.
The volume of personal effects is vital when using Hunts-international shipping containers as there are 3 services to consider depending on your circumstances.
- Sole Use Container - The shipping container to Australia can be loaded at your premises, subject to access, sealed in your presence and pre booked onto a vessel so offering greater control of how and when your goods arrive at destination.
- Part Shipping Container to Australia - This service usually offers a considerable cost saving, but it will take longer for your possessions to arrive.
- Less Than Container - This service involves placing your goods into a protective wooden case and then into a container which, once shipped, is distributed, in the wooden case.
There are 3 common container sizes with-in the removal industry for Shipping to Australia:
- 20ft length 8.5ft height - holds 1000 to 1170 cubic feet of furniture to Australia
- 40ft length 8.5ft height – holds 2100 to 2390 cubic feet of furniture to Australia
- 20ft length HIGH CUBE 9.5ft height – 1200-1400 cubic feet of furniture to Australia
The first step will be to book an appointment with our experienced international Coordinator to visit you, your home and contents.
During the appointment with our estimator you will be able to discuss and view all your items along with all the Australian customs do’s and dont’s and duties.
Please ring our office for further information and advice on Removals to Australia Tel: 0800 387 280 or contact us via email on email@example.com
or you can fill out our on-line estimation form for Shipping Costs to Australia